Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 {Recap Post}

2010, wow what a year. This year was by far one of the best years ever and I am so blessed and grateful for all the wonderful experiences I was able to have. If you would have told me last January all that I would be doing in the coming year I would not have believed you for a second. This year was full of dreams turned reality and last minute trips. This year I discovered my love of traveling, which probably isn't the best thing. ;) I am not sure if any year could top it.

Photobucket


I think that when looking back you can focus on the negatives; what you didn't accomplish, the many mistakes you made, events that hurt you, etc. But, if you focus on the positive they really do outweigh the negative. Plus every negative thing that happened to you, helps you grow in a positive way.

Photobucket

{pc. abby leigh photography}

This year I was given so many opportunities to learn from other photographers and grow in my photography skills. I grew in my passion for this art and was able to learn many tips and skills that will help me in the upcoming years.

When I was working on this post, I was able to really realize how blessed I am. I am SO grateful to God for all the blessings He gave me this year. It wouldn't have been even the least bit possible without His love and kindness. I am also so thankful to my parents and family for being there for me every step of the way.

So I better quit rambling, here is the recap of my year. :D

Photobucket

The first major highlight of my year was going to New York City in May. I adore NYC. I really can't explain how much I love it there. The energy is contagious. I went with my history class then stayed an extra day with my friend Abby and my mom for an early birthday trip.

Photobucket

My history class was all girls and I miss it so much. We had so much fun together and we were quite a crazy and bubbly bunch. Thanks to my teacher Lauren for letting us go on such a fun trip and being so sweet to all us girls.

Photobucket

I was able to do a photoshoot with Abby in Central Park. Central Park is AMAZING for photos.

Photobucket

Abby took some photos of me too.
Photobucket
{pc. abby leigh photography}

Next up was the annual beach trip with the fam in May. The beach is so inspiring for photos and I love it so much there. I was also able to get the shot for my header when I was there.

Photobucket

We got stuck in a rainstorm, it was pretty fun. ;)

Photobucket


This summer I was able to get together with some of the girls from my photo internship I did last summer. It was so much fun to see them again and be able to take photos. Our mentor, "I'm Kristen" even stopped by.
Photobucket

We missed Noelle though. :(
Photobucket

In the summertime I was also able to take photos for my Church's annual kids camp with two super sweet and talented girls, Bekah and Ellie. We had such a blast and I loved working with them! Looking forward to doing it again this new year! :D

Photobucket

In July my family and I went to Cooperstown New York to see my brother, Paul's baseball team play.

We found this yummy ice cream shop with the best cold treats ever. We went there every day that we were in Cooperstown. What can I say? We love our ice cream!


Photobucket

In the little town of Cooperstown they had several stores with my family member's names in them. It was pretty funny. :D


Photobucket

By the Italian cafe with my nickname, Nicoletta.

Photobucket

And then, the biggest highlight of the year, or should I say my life came! I was able to go to Hawaii. Ahh! I went with my Grandma, little sis, and my mom. I had dreamed about this my entire life ever since I was a little girl. It was soo nice having a girl's trip and we got to visit my Auntie Chris and her family. We hadn't seen Auntie Chris for 6 years, don't ask me why! We hit it off right away and because of her my mom is into texting. Haha!

At the airport after we got off our flight. I was pretty much bursting with happiness. Haha!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Becca, Me, and my new unoffical brother Pica. :D
Photobucket

While I was in Hawaii I was able to shoot little David's first birthday party. It was one of the cutest parties I have ever been too and all the kids looked like Gap Kids models.
Photobucket

I cannot get over how precious he is! Everytime I see this photo I get a smile on my face.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Oh, but I forgot to mention one major detail. I was able to second shoot two weddings in Hawaii. My first weddings ever. Ahh I was in heaven. I had dreamt about this my entire life and couldn't believe I had this chance of a lifetime. I had e-mailed some photographers to see if I could help shoot with them and two agreed.

Both the couples were so in love and such a joy to shoot. Thanks so much to the talented photographers Kricia and Chrissy for letting me come along!

The first wedding was so lovely and a perfect first wedding.

Photobucket


Photobucket

I still need to post a full post of this second wedding. It was so tropical and gorgeous!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Before I went to Hawaii I was able to stop by San Fransisco. I had always wanted to go there and am so happy I was able too. I loved China Town and Fisherman's Warf.

Photobucket

Trying out funny hats in China Town. :D
Photobucket


Then it was time to go home and get back to reality. I started my sophmore year of highschool as well as joining the varsity volleyball team.

Later in October I was set to go to Idaho for my cousin's wedding with my dad. About a week before we were set to leave my dad found out he had a business trip to California. We decided to arrange the flights so I could go with him to L.A. for two days then to the wedding. I had always dreamed of going to L.A. and was so shocked that I was able to go. I loved loved L.A., especially Santa Monica. A full blog post coming soon.

Photobucket

I was able to take some photos at my cousin's wedding. It was such a beautiful wedding at a stunning location.

Photobucket

Reminds me of Pride and Prejudice. Love this shot.

Photobucket


When I got back home I was able to second shoot a wedding with Kristen (I'm Kristen) I had seen this lovely couple on Kristen's blog and I was so excited to help capture their wedding day. I was in charge of getting the shots of all the guys at the hotel and then the groomsmen shots. I was super nervous and it was something new for me but it was a great learning experience and the guys were great! A full post coming on this wedding as well.


Photobucket

Photobucket

But, I saved the best for last. My clients and all their unique stories I was able to capture. I wouldn't be here without each client and their encouraging words. I grew to love my job even more this year and it was because of all the wonderful people I get to work with.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

This year I was able to capture alot of exciting parties for some very special people.

Jessi's chef party. The food was yummy and this birthday girl is a sweetheart!

Photobucket

Miss Maddie's lovely valentine tea. It was a elegant event with some super sweet girls.

Photobucket

Emily's fabulous runway party. All the girls had a blast getting all dressed up and they all looked stunning.

Photobucket

Lola's beautiful and touching 90th birthday party. This lady is such an example and she has touched so many lives. I thought it was so special I was able to shoot a 1st birthday party (David's in Hawaii) and a 90th. :D

Photobucket

Now for family/children sessions. Each family I captured had their own special, yet beautiful story. I loved capturing all the different personalities.

The adorable Hodge kids and their cousins. Biggest group of kids I have taken pictures of but they were all such good sports!

Photobucket

Sweet Baby Pearl!

Photobucket

The Hui Family.

Photobucket

Conley Family.

Photobucket

The Maxwell family and grandparents.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Hurt kids.

Photobucket

The Carbonell Family.

Photobucket

The Hanson girls.

Photobucket

The Girard Family.

Photobucket

The Finch family.

Photobucket

The Segui Family.

Photobucket

And that wraps up my year. I am so excited to see what this year has in store for me and the new people I will get to work with.

I know it is super cheesy and cliche but I can honestly say to never give up on your dreams because you never know what could happen to you--thats what I learned this year. Never think you are too young because you are never too young to start fufilling your dreams.

I am so thankful to God for his grace and mercy and I know he will continue to be faithful with whatever he has in store for me this year.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Nicki Doll what a great year you had indeed. I feel so blessed to be a part of it all. Just imagine what 2011 will bring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your sweet words always make me smile! :D