Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mr. & Mrs. Dean {Magic Island Hawaii Wedding}

I am so excited to share with you all my second and final wedding that I second shot in Hawaii. I had dreamed of shooting one wedding, but never expected to be able to help shoot two. I got to work with an amazing photographer named Kricia who was so sweet in letting me come along and giving me tips throughout the day. This wedding was everything you would imagine in a tropical wedding and it was truly stunning. I am so blessed to be able to have been a part of it.

The couple, Matasha and Rashaun were so in love. Honestly, they could not keep their eyes off one another and I have to say that I have probably not seen a couple more in love and affectionate then them. Their love was truly magical.

The ceremony took part in a park called Magic Island. Oh goodness don't you just love that name? The whole ceremony was very personal and had some really lovely unique touches.

How gorgeous is this? The ceremony was nestled between two palm trees with the bride and groom's closet family and friends.
Photobucket

I just love all these bright colors!
Photobucket

I am adoring this black and white. Also, first wedding that I have seen the pastor use a i-pad.
Photobucket

The bridesmaid's dresses were so beautiful. Also, there is a little story behind them as well as Matasha's bridal gown. Matasha shipped all the dresses over before she arrived in Hawaii, but the package didn't come in time so she had to purchase all the dresses the day before the wedding. Talk about bridal stress! But, she found some stunning dresses that fit the tropical theme to perfection.

Photobucket


The main thing I loved about this ceremony was that every detail and word in the ceremony was based on Rashaun and Matasha's strong Christian faith.
Photobucket

During the ceremony the pastor had Matasha and Rashaun sign their names and wedding date in a new Bible.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I just love how dreamy this shot is.
Photobucket

And their married!

Photobucket

While Kricia and I were shooting the group shots a beautiful rainbow appeared. Everyone was very tickled and it was gorgeous and so vibrant. It captured the magical, tropical feel perfectly. This place is called Magic Island. ;)
Photobucket

We got some jumping shots on the beach that were extra fun! This wedding party was an absolute blast with very fun personalities.
Photobucket

Then it was time for the long awaited bride and groom shots!

(Do you spy the rainbow tower? That is where the first Hawaii wedding I shot took place! :D)
Photobucket

I just love this shot.

Photobucket

Matasha looked so stunning. I loved the colors she picked for her flowers.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Then it was off to the beautiful reception area.
Photobucket

The whole wedding party entered to "Nothing On You" by B.o.B. :D

Photobucket


Photobucket

Don't you just love this bright orange? ahh!

Photobucket

And I pretty much adored these little statues with the leis. Pride and Prejudice meets Hawaii. :)
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

The gorgeous cake. I just loved the touch of the fresh flowers.

Photobucket

Everything in the reception had these beautiful butterfly details.
Photobucket


Photobucket


And some more detail shots because I just can't get enough of them.
Photobucket

I loved this little wall with these heart lockets clipped on. Each heart had the name and date of the couple that held their reception here.
Photobucket

The food was all very colorful and delicous looking.
Photobucket

We got some shot in the house at the reception area. I love the vintage and elegant feel of these shots.
Photobucket

Photobucket

When it came time for the toasts everyone wanted to be a part of honoring and sharing funny stories about the couple. Matasha and Rashaun have been blessed with some fabulous and funny friends and family.

Photobucket



Photobucket


The first dance took place by the lighted fountain. It was such a beautiful moment.
Photobucket


Matasha and her grandfather also shared a special dance which was very sweet.
Photobucket

Rashaun even had a dance with his new mother-in-law.
Photobucket
Enjoy the Slideshow!



4 comments:

  1. OHHH MYY GOSSSH.
    this is simply ahh-mayy-zing.
    great capturing of all the little details. :)
    and rainnnnbowww! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
    wow. i love this whole post.
    gorg. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are absolutely stunning! You have so much talent. Seriously. Jaw-dropping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicki, Nicki, Nicki! These are incredible! I adore the colors too, so beautiful! You rocked the sun light here - awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi...the pictures are gorgeous! The wedding looked awesome...my fiance and I are planning a destination wedding...I thought the beaches didn't allow chairs? We want ours to be at Magic Island what process did she have to go through to get a permit and allow chairs? HELP! Thank you...please email me at jessicaesver@gmail.com oh and how much do you charge per hour...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your sweet words always make me smile! :D