Saturday, March 29, 2014

Mr. & Mrs. Bennett {Meridian Hill Park, Washington D.C.}

A beautiful day last spring, I made my way to a Starbucks tucked away in the heart of Washington D.C., to meet a bride named Brenda. A knew from her email that she and Terrance must have a wonderful love story, considering that they met at one of the most beautiful locations on earth, the island of Oahu in Hawaii. Right away Brenda struck me as one of the most genuine and sweetest people that I have had the pleasure to meet. Throughout our meeting we talked about the wedding, a lot about Hawaii, and our common love for law. I left the meeting feeling like I had known Brenda for years and she is just one of those people that makes you feel instantly comfortable.

Brenda and Terrance were both stationed in Hawaii when they met, and they are both brilliant. When they first met Brenda said they talked about all those topics that most couples avoid until I mean at least a couple dates. ;) Politics & religion, they went right for the serious and controversial topics. Haha, I love it. Throughout our meeting Brenda said that she is a really laid back and chill person, but Terrance was even more chill. I knew then that their wedding was going to be perfect. A laid back summer wedding in the most beautiful city? Yes please. They were such a wonderful couple to capture, as their love was so evident and their quiet care for each other was beautiful to watch.

Brenda and Terrance were married in Meridian Hill Park in Adam's Morgan. It was a perfect location for a summer wedding, complete with stunning fountains and foliage. We even got some photos in a historic house that they rented for the day. The homes in D.C. are so gorgeous, so I was thrilled to be able to shoot inside of them. The reception was at the Elizabeth & Co. Catering company which was one of the most artistic, and unique venues I have seen.















































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your sweet words always make me smile! :D