Wednesday, September 1, 2010

David's 1st Birthday {Hawaii Party Shoot}

The first day I was in Hawaii, I was able to take photos at the cutest 1 year old's birthday party! Little David is related to my Auntie Chris so his mom was so sweet to let my mom, Becca, and me come to the party. I was more than happy to take pictures and it so easy because everything about the party was adorable and planned perfectly, and all the little kids looked like they could be little Hawaiian models. :)

The party took place at David's grandparent's house and the backyard looked so lovely with all the lights and decorations. David's grandma and all his aunts and relatives worked very hard preparing the food and it was all delicious. The party theme was Curious George which was so perfect because David reminds me of a little Curious George.

I had a amazing time shooting my first party in Hawaii and hope I can do more parties there someday!


A photo of David and his big sister Katie. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

All the details were so cute! David's grandma made those adorable little planes and she hung them in the tents. :)
Photobucket

David and his cousin Emily (I had a great time getting to know Emily--she is so sweet!)
Photobucket

There was even a Hawaiian snow cone maker!
Photobucket

All the food was so delicious and Asian themed.
Photobucket

All the kids played games and I loved getting shots of them having so much fun.
Photobucket

Ryan and David. I loved this shot. :D
Photobucket

Katie--she is soo adorable and such a sweetie.
Photobucket

The balloon game. The kids had to pop the balloons by sitting on them, it was pretty funny!
Photobucket

Katie couldn't quite pop hers!
Photobucket

Matthew was so proud when he popped his! I love his face!
Photobucket

Haha, this little girl was too embarassed! But she did manage to pop it!
Photobucket

Lauren popping her balloon. Lauren is my little sister's pen pal. :)
Photobucket

The next game was a race with shaving cream on a spoon.
Photobucket

The kids were concentrating very hard!
Photobucket

Matthew was determined to get his across the finish line without dropping. He didn't notice it was falling off the spoon. Haha!
Photobucket
Katie with her special prize--a waterproof camera.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Next up--the baby races! ;)
Photobucket

Ohh, little David is too cute! I couldn't get over how little and adorable he was.
Photobucket

The cake Auntie Chris decorated for David. Isn't it adorable? I love the fondant stars.
Photobucket

David with his Grandpa!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There were lights around all of the tents which added to the festive feel.
Photobucket

They are too cute in their little hoods!
Photobucket

David and his family!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The baby had to take a little break from his busy night! ;)
Photobucket

David with his two sweet grandmas and his Mommy!
Photobucket

A slideshow is coming later! I don't have my slideshow maker on this computer.

2 comments:

  1. wow, terrific nicki! once again, the pictures are so fabulous! thats great your having a fun time, wish i was there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! The party look so fun - love the decorations and the balloon popping game? Very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your sweet words always make me smile! :D